Sunday, January 6, 2008

Nightmare on 42nd Street

Hello my laddies! It's been a few hours, yet thought I should update anyway. So, I went to see Juno today with two of my friends and my verdict is that it's great, very funny, and everyone should go see it. (Sort of like my post about Sweeney Todd that was on my old blog, which can be conveniently read probably at the bottom of this page now. :D) We had to go to two different theaters, because the first showing at 4:40 was sold out and we didn't want to wait until 7:55. We ended up at 42nd street and caught a 6:15 show. We also had to squish into two seat (the three of us) because the theater was so full that it seemed as if more tickets were sold than actual seat. Besides that, the movie was great.


I have decided--just like when I decided to refer to God as JOE--that my ultimate New Years resolution (or maybe my ultimate goal in life) is to see Times Square pitch black. I swear, there are too many freakin' lights emanating from the buildings that the street lights are completely useless. In my opinion it's really a waste of energy, but more importantly, I just want to Times Square with no lights. My friend suggested to get a whole bunch of immature New Yorkers to turn on a bunch of appliances and use a lot of energy simultaneously at a set time, on some random day in the summer, when people would normally use an excess of energy already, to cause a massive blackout, which we would see when we watch the lights go out at 42nd street, where we would plan to gather before hand. Now, I suggest we do this "planned blackout" on June 21, because it is the longest day of the year, as it is the summer solstice, and it would be "intellectually ironic" that there was a blackout on the day where it is said that the two realms (the living and the dead) mesh into each other or whatnot. I don't know; just go along with me on this one. If it doesn't work, I'm hoping to write a book about it called "Nightmare on 42nd Street" and hopefully get the book made into a movie so that Hollywood could CGI it onto the big screen. It's the closest I could possibly get to see my dream happen. Anyway, just keep this idea in mind. I might have a Facebook group link up in a few days for this.

0 comments: