Saturday, January 5, 2008

New Year...Compass Fixed Yet Still Lost



Hooey! I've been away. I apologize profusely.

Anyway, life has been fine. Lately here in New York it has been terribly cold. Like REALLY cold. The other day...actually it was today...I asked my friend if Chicago is as cold or worse than it was today and he told me it's worse, which I thought was weird cause Chicago is in the middle of the country and being as small minded as I could have possibly been, I assumed it wasn't as cold in Mid America. Actually, I assumed that it was fairly nice in Mid America. So much I know about the rest of the country outside of New York.

So, it was New Years a couple of days ago. (Actually the day I first posted. hehe) And like always, I have forgotten. I mean, I recall listening to people on TV count down and I recall watching the ball drop in Times Square on channel 7 and I distinctively recall Kevin and Joe Jonas' Tiny Tim and Sir Scrooge outfits and Dick Clark's emphazima -like voice invading the peace of my eardrums, but other than that nothing. I think I went to the movies that day. National Treasures Two to be exact. Awesome Nick Cage-ness.

Anyway, I have realized once again how much I actually do go out. I mean, I was hanging out with my friends who I haven't hung out with in AGES and I took them to Chinatown. But it was strange; I was actually the leader and they were following me. It's weird cause I usually have a horrible sense of direction, but ALAS, my compass has been fixed! It's amazing. It makes me feel all big-headed! Anyway, we hung out and of course as always someone has to become all "emolicious" on the rest of us. My friend Douglas became quite sullen because he feels like he's behind in life and that he should have accomplished more. My friend Amanda and I completely agreed with this, which I found quite shocking because I hardly ever agree with Douglas. Anyway, he feels "lost" and "behind" and I was all "well, join the club!" and that didn't cheer him up. *sighs*

Anyway, we end up going to this little concert thingy, to hear this band from Beacon High School (or they used to go to Beacon) called MayDay, play. (Link to MySpace provided: MayDay) Now, being the awful, horrible critic I am, they were alright (?). (Oh, I'm being too polite...) They played some useless ear-hurting crap as their first three songs, then played the stuff that I actually came to listen to: their niche sort to speak. They played about four songs (one being a Sublime Cover), reggae rock, sort of Sublime and 311 style (except no rapping, though I wouldn't know because the mics were so low, no one heard the actual lyrics.) Yet, all the Beacon 07 alumni didn't care, because to them they were the bees knees! To me, well....

Hey, I make fun of everybody.

0 comments: