Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day

Afternoon again laddies,


I have forgotten, for a brief moment (just like everyone else) about our Earth. Hum...where's Al Gore when you need him to remind you of such things? Anyway, Happy Earth Day. I don't know why today is Earth Day and as of right now, I don't really feel like looking it up, but I'll probably Google it in a minute.

This is interesting and answers my question (yet poses more questions):

Earth Day is one of two different observances, both held annually during spring in the northern hemisphere, and autumn in the southern hemisphere. These are intended to inspire awareness of and appreciation for the Earth's environment. The United Nations celebrates an Earth Day each year on the March equinox, a tradition which was founded by peace activist John McConnell in 1969. A second Earth Day, which was founded by U.S. politician Gaylord Nelson as an environmental teach-in in the late 1960s, is celebrated in many countries each year on April 22.


Why are there two Earth Days? Why couldn't that Gaylord guy just celebrate the Earth Day the UN had already established? What an egotistical ass. He just wanted to be special for some, even if someone else had already thought of it. Wow, I answered my own question.

0 comments: